Sunday, January 13, 2019

Digital learning tool #1- Audio

I choose to use the chrome app Vocaroo. This tool is something I look forward to using in my classroom. I choose to record myself reading a story, and then the students can follow along. If a student is visually impaired this can help them as they can replay the teacher's voice This app can be used for a variety of reasons though. Students can create their own stories, and not be afraid as it is just their voice. My favorite part, you can download it as a QR code and have your students scan it on their own device.
It is extremely user friendly: 
Step one: Type Vocaroo into the web browser ( Make sure microphone is enabled on your computer)
Step two: Click begin recording and record then click stop recording 
Step three: Listen to your recording
Step four: Save recording and then email or embed the link or 
THAT IS IT! 
If You Give a Mouse a Brownie Link to my vocaroo


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacquie, Thank you for sharing your experience with using Vocaroo. It is great that you found the tool user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie, thanks for your review on the online tool/ website. It is a very easy to use tool and can be used in several applications. I like that the tool doesn't require a username or password to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie! I love the idea of this tool. I have subbed in a classroom with a blind student. I wonder if his aid would like to know about this tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie, Vocaroo seems so easy! I panic a little when I see QR codes though (I know, I know, they are like the easiest thing ever, but I can never get them to work). Great review!

    ReplyDelete