Sunday, February 17, 2019

Digital Learning tool #4

Digital Learning tool #4 Screen Casting

I decided to explore an IOS app that I have never heard of- Explain Everything. There is a reason  I have never heard of it! I do NOT recommend this app.

TO START-
I went on the IOS app store! The app was free- WOOHOO...but the free app is a very small demo version.  I created a complete mini lesson that was five minutes long, and I had to delete it because I can only save videos one minute or less. There are many free screen casting tools so I would not pay to use this because it is CONFUSING!



It looked easy! I just created new! Then I chose a template and was so excited to teach my little lesson.













The tool Bar
It looked fairly simple! I selected the top right button and added an image of the food chain! I then clicked the record starting talking and wanted to use the laser pointer, which is the third button from the bottom, and switch to the colored pens. However, it is not very simple to use and there is confusion when trying to switch tools where as Show me and other screen casting tools are easier I think! It could be more user friendly! I practiced adding text and other voice memos into the picture as well. I just think it needs to have a better tool bar.

             
Here is the video to my VERY short overview since I was not able to save my full lesson!



















This is not an App I would pay for after the demo version, I will not use this screen casting tool in my classroom as it is not as user-friendly as some of the others I have used, or would want my students to use.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacquie, thank you for sharing your impression, it is very frustrating when you start a project and realize that all your effort was for not, but at least your experience has helped others, thanks.

    ReplyDelete