Sunday, February 10, 2019

Digital Learning tool #3 Infographic

   

     For this inforgraphic, I created a teacher about me page. I used the website Piktochart. I have found that the site offers templates or blank. I started with a template, but I then cleared it so I can add features and make it my own. I think the site is easy to use, but it takes awhile to figure out. This took me a few hours to perfect, and I do not think I would want my students using this, maybe higher level education would benefit. I do know I will use this to site in the future to create newsletter information, flyers, and other papers to send home or post in my classroom. It is great for Professional use. I created an all about me page that I would send before school starts and have my students create a simple print out about me page so we can get to know one another.
Directions:
Begin by selecting which infographic page you will use.
*To add pictures, click on the upload and you can add either select theirs or one of your own photos. Once uploaded the photo will need to be resized and placed in the correct spot this takes some time as you can upload one at a time. ( I used both my own and piktochart photos)

*To add text, select add text and just type, there is a tool bar to change the shape of your text box too, and add shapes and lines to divide the page into sections.
*You can also add a link if viewing on a webpage, and it can take you to other places. (I added it to my school webpage)

Here is my link:
Miss Werner

3 comments:

  1. Wow...Great example! I think you captured the tool's capabilities well. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, nice use of this online tool, I liked the idea of the tell you about me page. This could be used with the student or even in a business setting. The online tool looks straight forward and easy to use, thanks for your review and I'll look into using it with my team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You example is awesome! I love it! I feel like a lot of these infographic tools will be better used with higher ed because of it's in depth settings and the way you really have to have a good sense of technology to maneuver around these sites and etc. But like I mentioned, you example looks great! It looks like something you could get off of Teachers Pay Teachers!!

    ReplyDelete